Your Guide to SEO Content and Its Many Types
What is SEO content and what role does it play in achieving online success? For a simple refresher, here’s a quick review on what these two words mean:
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of optimizing a website so that Internet users can easily find it when they perform searches through search engines like Google.
- Content pertains to the information that can be found on the Internet and can be consumed on the same platform.
Combining the two words’ definitions, SEO content pertains to any form of content that is designed to attract search engine traffic.
Types of SEO Content
SEO content comes in different forms. The following are some of the most commonly used content types:
- Blog Posts – A blog is a convenient way to provide your audience with regular SEO content. These posts are typically written to engage your target audience and to attract links. This is the reason blogs are often used to establish authority for websites. Blogs are versatile content forms. In fact, they can be used to display other types of SEO content.
- Articles – Articles can be in the form of news or feature. They are usually found in news websites and online magazine sites.
- Lists – A list can be considered an article, only it is specifically designed to provide readers with a list. Think of articles such as “10 SEO Trends in 2020” or “12 Ways to Try Yoga.” The information is presented in a manner that is easy to scan. Lists attract traffic, especially when shared in social media.
- Guides – Guides are often lengthy pieces of content that educate the readers on how to do something. Long-form articles like guides give you the opportunity to use more keywords. Some guides are posted on a website in its entirety, while others are used as gated content to generate leads. For instance, only a summary, excerpt, or a fourth of the entire guide is provided at first and then the reader must fill out a registration form before they can access the rest of the content.
- Product Pages – This type of content is used in an e-commerce website, showcasing products offered by a business. When done correctly, a product page can double as a PPC landing page.
- Videos – When optimized properly, video content can easily take a spot in the top ranks than an article. Some people like to consume information by watching a video rather than by reading long texts. Instead of writing a full page describing how to use your product, you can try producing a video tutorial.
Also read this article: The Incredible Importance of Social Media Marketing on Your Business
These are only some of the most popular SEO content types. Other types include infographics, slideshows, glossaries, directories, photos, and visual galleries, and many others. With the right choice of content type and focus on quality, your SEO content can be your key to online success. Consult with Concinnity Limited to learn more about your options.